St Peter’s Healthcare Campus Consultation
Redevelopment proposals for part of the St Peter’s Healthcare Campus
Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust intend to secure planning consent for the redevelopment of surplus land for housing at the St Peter’s Healthcare campus in Chertsey.
This presents Optivo with an exciting opportunity to upgrade and expand our current affordable accommodation for NHS staff on the campus, and we are working closely with both Trusts to achieve this.
The focus is largely on the western part of the St Peter’s Healthcare Campus which is jointly owned by Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
This area currently houses a range of community mental health services for people of all ages and a drug and alcohol detox unit. These will relocate within the local vicinity, and people who use these services will be involved in deciding where best suits the services’ needs. The area also houses old administrative and service buildings, housing for staff, and derelict areas.
The redevelopment proposals include:
· 297 open-market homes consisting of a retirement village and a mix of apartments, and houses. These will make an important contribution to much-needed new homes in Runnymede
· around 60 new affordable homes, primarily for NHS staff
· a new, separate access road from Holloway Hill to the north west
· a new village green
· redeveloping housing on the eastern part of the campus to provide 72 modern affordable apartments, primarily for NHS staff
· options for accommodating parking on and off-site for around 250 spaces.
There was a public exhibition on Thursday 27th April 2017 with staff from the NHS Trusts and the technical consultancy team. If you were not able to make it you can view the exhibition boards here:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Policy Context
- Constraints and Opportunities
- Proposed Site Layout
- Proposed Uses and Heights
- Access and Sustainability
- What happens next
Please see views of the current campus and of the indicative concept proposals:
Current aerial view of St Peter’s Healthcare Campus
Indicative Concept Proposals
Click on the image to enlarge
Have Your Say
These plans are still in the very early stages. They need to go through consultation with all stakeholders before the planning application is submitted to Runnymede Borough Council.
- Respond to this consultation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the planning consultant team at: St Peter’s Hospital Consultation, c/o WYG, Midsummer Court, 314 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 2UB.
- Complete the online questionnaire.
- If you prefer, you can download the questionnaire, print, complete and post to the planning consultant team to the above address.
Please respond by Thursday 11th May
Keeping you updated
We want to involve you and to keep you up-to-date with progress at key milestones during this process. If you would like to be included on our email list for updates, please forward your email address to email@example.com
If you have any further questions concerning Optivo, please don’t hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also email email@example.com if you require information on the project as a whole.
More information can also be found at www.wyg.com/consultations/st-peters